2018 I-RIM Conference Costa Rica A Great Success!
The 2018 International Reflective Insulation Manufacturers (I-RIM) Conference was held May 9-10 at the beautiful Marriott Los Suenos Golf Resort and Spa in Puntarenas Costa Rica hosting guests from around the globe. Countries represented include the US, Canada, UK, France, Australia, Malaysia, Costa Rica, Argentina and Chile. RIMA-I President Doug Kinninger, International Conference Chairman Sergio Luconi and RIMA-I Executive Director Mary Edmondson hosted the event presented in both English and Spanish.
The 2-1/2 day educational conference was a great success with excellent presentations from all the countries listed and featuring Wednesday’s guest featured speaker Dr. William (Bill) Miller from Oak Ridge National Laboratory who presented a “Demonstration of Near Zero Energy Homes” and Thursday’s featured speaker Dr. Jan Kosny from Faunhofer Institute who gave a “Numerical and Experimental Analysis of Thermal Performance of Residential Attics Containing Aerogel-based Radiant Barrier Systems”.
Other presentations include:
- Innovations in the Manufacture of Reflective Films – Veronica Ataya
- Building Performance Software – Impact of Attic Radiant Barriers – Bill Lippy
- ASHRAE 90.1 Update – Monty Millspaugh
- RIMA-I Product Verification Evolution – Doug Kinninger
- Fundamentals and Techniques of Measuring Water Vapor Transmission – Michael Joyce
- The Power of the Marketplace – Steve Baden and Laurel Elam, RESNET
- Reflectives and the International Code Council (ICC) – Wes Hall
- Next Generation Reflective Insulation Facing Films – Ralph Dale
- Radiant Energy Management & the Versatility of IRCCs – Lynn Walters
- Regional Updates: Latin America – Sergio Luconi; Europe – Guy Delcroix; North America and Australia – Mike Boulding and SE Asia – Kah Wei Yam
- Latin America Building with Reflective Insulation Performance and Improvements After RIS – Pablo Sobrado
- About RIMA-I and the Advanced Building Code Coalition (ABCC) – Bobby Byrd
- New Digital Experiences – Mario Vargas
- Does the Presence of a Radiant Barrier Increase the Chance of a Lightning Strike? – Brian St. Germain
- Regulations in Latin America for Reflective Insulation – Pablo Sobrado
- SAP Business One – Juan Bautista
Presentations Available to Order
To make the information shared at the conference available to everyone, you can purchase the PowerPoint presentations by contact RIMA International. Individual presentations can be ordered for $25 each or you can purchase the entire package (listed above) for $200. If you are interested in placing an order, click here.
If you would like details on each of the presentations, click here.
Thank You Supplier Sponsors
There were five sponsors who shared information about their company throughout the program. This proved to be an excellent way for all guests to learn about new products, services and resources within the industry.
- ECHO Tape
- JX Nippon ANCI, Inc.
- Thermal Economics
- Advanced Building Code Coalition