2023 I-RIM Conference Rome a Great Success!
The 2023 International Reflective Insulation Manufacturers Conference (I-RIM Conference) was held May 23-25 at the beautiful LeMeridien Visconti Hotel in Rome, Italy. Attendees represented more than ten regions/countries around the world sharing information and research as well as discussing opportunities for the future. Countries represented include the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Australia, Korea/Japan, Costa Rica, Argentina, Germany and Saudi Arabia. RIMA-I President Sergio Luconi, International Conference Chairman Mike Boulding and RIMA-I Executive Director/Conference Director Mary Edmondson hosted the event.
The 2-day technical conference was a great success with excellent presentations from all the countries listed and featuring Wednesday’s keynote speaker Laverne Dalgleish from Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA). Wednesday also included a sponsored luncheon provided by the Saudi Arabia Royal Commission of Jubail and Yambu. A presentation of introduction preceded the luncheon conducted by Dr. Ahmed Zaid AlHussein. A special thank you for their participation and contribution. Networking and relationship building is a key part of the event, which, in addition to Wednesday luncheon, offered hosted receptions on Tuesday and Wednesday and another luncheon on Thursday.
“That was certainly the best conference that I have ever attended” – Michel Bostrom, Ametalin
Topics Presented at the 2023 Event Include:
- Net Zero, High Performance, Carbon Neutral Buildings are Required in Some Countries – What is your Industry’s Responsibility? – Lavern Delgleish
- Regional Update: Latin America – Sergio Luconi
- Regional Update: Europe – Maxime Duran
- Regional Update: Australasia – Michel Bostrom
- Regional Update: Korea/Japan – Professor Y.C. Kwon
- Regional Update: North America – Bill Lippy
- Regional Update: Argentina – Sergio Luconi
- Introduction: Saudi Arabia – Dr. Ahmed Zaid AlHussein
- A New Metric on Measuring and Labeling CO2 Emissions in Homes – Steve Baden & Laurel Elam
- PET/METPET and Aluminum Foil Supplies – Chris Trummel & Ken Mitchell
- Specification for Reflective Insulation: EN and ISO Standards – Maxime Duran & Andreas Zegowitz
- Mitigation of Building Energy Dynamics – Great Opportunity for Reflective Insulation combined with Thermally Massive Systems – Dr. Jan Kosny
- History of RIMA International/Membership Opportunity – Mike Boulding
- Modern Evaluation of Reflective insulation Performance – Dr. David Yarbrough & Dr. Hamed Saber
- Reflective Technology Extended to Steel Framing & Fenestration – Dr. Saleh Alshehri
- Attic Radiant Barrier Performance Evaluation – Dr. William A. Miller
- Thermal Break Solutions for Commercial, All-Steel Buildings with Reflective Insulation, James Fricker
Presentations Available to Order
To make the information shared at the conference available to everyone, you can purchase the PowerPoint presentations by contact RIMA International. Individual presentations can be ordered for $50 each or you can purchase the entire package (listed above) for $400. If you are interested in placing an order, click here.