2016 I-RIM Conference A Great Success!
The 2016 International Reflective Insulation Manufacturers (I-RIM) Conference was held June 1-3 at the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Hotel in Hollywood Beach, Florida, and hosted guests from around the globe. Countries represented include the US, Canada, UK, France, Malaysia, Costa Rica, Russia, and Argentina. RIMA-I President Jeff Thistle, International Conference Chairman Sergio Luconi and RIMA-I Executive Director and Conference Director Mary Edmondson hosted the event.
The 2-1/2 day conference was a great success with excellent presentations (see below on how to purchase presentations) conducted by industry experts Joshua New and Andre Desjarlais from Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Marc LaFrance from the US Department of Energy, Greg Lewis from Forest Economic Advisors, Martin Oxley from the British Board of Agrement, Nina Umnyakova from the Russian Academy of Architecture, Eric Martin from the Florida Solar Energy Center, Jan Kosny from Fraunhofer Institute, Teh Khar San from San Miguel Yamamura Woven Products in Malaysia, Guy Delcroix from France, David Yarbrough and Michael Joyce from R&D Services Inc., Mario Medina from the University of Kansas, Jeffrey Steuben from the Cool Roof Rating Council, Laurel Elam from RESNET, Shawn Lucas from Ampacet, Bernard Casse from Parc, Wes Hall from Reflectix, Inc., Brian St. Germain of LP Building Corp., Sergio Luconi of Prodex, Roger Drain of Dunmore Corporation and Bob Wadsworth of Innovative Energy.
RIMA International hosted a welcome reception on Wednesday following the pre-show live demo of RoofCalc. This entire event is hosted by the association, which is driven by an Executive Director and host of member volunteers. The work the association is doing benefits everyone in the industry directly and indirectly; so the more support and participation available, the more can be accomplished. The association has extended a 50% membership offer to attendees of the conference. For more information or to apply for this special offer, click HERE.
There were six exhibitors who participated in Thursday’s cocktail reception and Friday’s lunch. These social gatherings were a great networking opportunity for all conference guests. A special thank you to our exhibitors:
- Innovative Insulation
- Dunmore Corporation
- Oracle Packaging/LL Flex
- RIMA International
Presentations Available for Order
To make the information shared at the conference available to everyone, you can purchase the PowerPoint presentations by contact RIMA International. Individual presentations can be ordered for $25 each or you can purchase the entire package (listed below) for $200. If you are interested in placing an order, click here. Here are the presentations available:
- How to Use the Department of Energy’s Roof Savings Calculator – By Joshua New
- US Housing: The Gradual Recovery So Far and Prospects for Stronger Starts in the Next 5-10 Years – By Greg Lewis
- EU and US Technologies and Strategies – By Marc La France
- Market Overview: Radiant Barrier Sheathing – By Brian St. Germain
- Voluntary Product Verification Program – By Doug Kinninger
- Building Code Update – By Wes Hall
- Passive Radiative Cooling (Self-cooling materials) – By Bernard Casse
- Advances in Protection of Plastics – By Shawn Lucas
- Attic Radiant Barrier Systems to Save Energy – By Andre Desjarlais
- Field Evaluation of Radiant Barrier and Reflective Insulation products in Malaysia – By Teh Khar San
- Commentary on ASTM C1224 – By David Yarbrough
- European Standardization and the Global Evolution – By Guy Delcroix
- Evaluating Reflective Duct Insulation – By Michael Joyce
- Roof/Attic Thermal Performance Simulations – 2015/16 Update – By Jan Kosny
- The Certification of Reflective Insulation for the European Market – By Martin Oxley
- A Survey of Radiant Barrier and IRCC Modeling and Simulations – By Mario Medina
- The Role of Third Party Ratings in Supporting the Roofing Industry – By Jeffrey Steuben
- Mainstreaming the HERS Index – By Laurel Elam
- An overview of the Building America Partnership for Improved Residential Construction (BA-PIRC) – By Eric Martin
- Reflective Insulation in Russia – By Nina Umnyakova
- Latin America R-Value Standardization – By Sergio Luconi
- Reinforcing Our Place In Space – By Roger Drain
- ASHRAE 90.1 – By Wes Hall
- Alternative Uses for Reflectives – By Robert Wadsworth
If you would like details on each of the presentations, click HERE.
If you would like details on each of the speakers, click HERE.